Toilets and bathrooms tend to become a source of negative energy in a home so you must do Vastu Compliant Toilets and Bathroom.
Vastu Shastra Guidelines for the Bathroom
1.The best location for constructing a bathroom is in the north-west direction of the home as it supports the elimination of waste.
2. A good quality, wooden door for the bathroom should be the first course of action. A metal door fosters negativity and could have an adverse effect on your health.
3. Keep the bathroom door closed at all times to avoid letting negative energy pervade your home and create obstacles in your career and personal relationships.
4. The toilet should not share a wall with the bedroom, puja room or kitchen, among others, as it could create a negative viberations in the house. A bed that shares a wall with the toilet may cause you to have nightmares.
6. The wash basin and shower area must be in the east, north and north-east part of the washroom.
7. The correct direction for the outlet of water and drainage is north, east or north-east. The bathroom floor should slope in the same direction so that water drains from the same direction.
8. One must pay special attention during the placement of the toilet inside the bathroom. It should be placed in the west or north-west direction as it supports the elimination of waste and toxins from one’s body.
9. The exhaust fan or bathroom window must face the east or north-east direction to allow in fresh air and sunlight. Ventilation is important as it eliminates bacteria inside the bathroom.
10. The best colours for the toilet interior are shades of brown, beige, cream and other earthy shades. Avoid black and dark blue.